Curry Mix - 38g Sachet
Curry Mix - 38g Sachet
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Please Note: Our packaging and demonstration video are currently being updated, so quantities shown in images and in the video do not reflect the true quantities as shown in the text on this page. Our tables have also gone "a bit off" and we're working hard to fix those as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding.
Modelled on the popular Madras flavour, but with the spice toned down a little and boasting mouth-wateringly aromatic flavours, our Curry Mix is guaranteed to delight and astound each and every time!
All Natural, and free from Gluten, Nuts, Artificial Colourings, Flavourings, and Preservatives, our Curry Mix is so easy to use and even easier to eat in one go!
Keep it in for those cold winter evenings, dish it up for the whole family or invite your friends around for a relaxed dinner party.
To make our curry you will need:
• 1 Sachet Plain Starkers Curry Mix
• 250g Chicken/Beef/Lamb/Pork/Fish/Veg
• 2 tbsp Oil
• 300ml Boiling Water
1. Fry the Poultry/Meat/Fish/Veg in the oil on a medium heat until browned.
2. Add the contents of the curry mix sachet, stir well to coat (for no longer than 10 seconds to ensure the curry does not burn).
3. Add the boiling water, stir well and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes until the Poultry/Meat/Fish/Veg is completely cooked and the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
5. Serve with basmati rice, naan bread and our Sparkling Alcoholic Nimbu Pani (Indian Limeade).
Note: All appliances vary, the directions above are guidelines only. Make sure food is piping hot throughout before serving.
• Try adding any, or all, of the following to the curry prior to step 2:
Sliced sweet peppers
Diced potatoes/sweet potatoes
• To make a delicious hot pouring or dipping sauce, take a small jug and fill it with 200ml of boiling water. Add the contents of one Curry Mix sachet and whisk well. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes, give it a quick whisk again and serve. (It's great for dipping chips!)
• To make an even better cold dipping sauce, take a glass/metal bowl and pop in a small tub of crème fraîche. Add the contents of 1 Curry Mix sachet and whisk well. Whisk again before serving. (It's great for dipping crudités or even the humble chip!)
• Marinades are wonderful, quick and easy things to use to add a little more flavour to an already loved ingredient. To make a marinade with our Curry Mix, take a jug and fill it with 150ml of yogurt or boiling water. Add the contents of 1 Curry Mix sachet and whisk well. (If using boiling water the paste will be very hot, so be careful not to burn yourself.) You can use this marinade for anything, but we love marinading chicken strips or tiger prawns with it over night (or for a few hours) in the fridge and then grilling them over a Barbecue (oven grilling works just as well). Serve with a glass or two of Sparkling Alcoholic Nimbu Pani (Indian Limeade). (Make sure your chicken or prawns are cooked through and piping hot before serving)
• Just the powder! You can use the Curry Mix, without adding any water, to coat any kind of food. Why not try giving some of these a go:
Strips of Chicken, Beaf, Pork or Lamb Rub them in the powder and grill over a Barbecue (oven grilling works just as well) or slow roast them in the oven for a rich succulent flavour.
Fish fillets, fingers of sweet pepper, tofu or tiger prawns Coat each fillet or tiger prawn with powder and grill over a Barbecue (oven grilling works just as well) or slow roast them; you'll always come back for more!
Potato wedges Par-boil chunky wedges of potato, drain and then toss them in the powder. Throw them into an oiled tray and pop them in a hot oven until delightfully crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Serve with the coated chicken, beaf, pork, lamb, fish or prawns (from above) for a delectably sumptuous but light supper.
Note: All appliances vary, the suggestions above are guidelines only. Make sure food is piping hot throughout before serving.
Nutrient Bar - Amounts per ½ sachet made as directed (approx. 19g)
(Percentage of an adults Recommended Daily Allowance)
Tomato (49.1%), Onion (12.4%), Coriander (5.2%), Jalapeno (0.2%), Turmeric, Nutmeg, Cumin, Ginger, Black Pepper, Cayenne, Cardamom, Paprika, Pimento, Cinnamon, Cloves, Celery, White Pepper, Garlic Powder, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Glucose Syrup, Mustard, Salt, Carrot, Sugar, Bay, Sage, Thyme.
Contains Allergens: Celery, Mustard
Gluten Free. Suitable for Vegetarians. Made in a nut free factory.
No Artificial Colourings, Flavourings or Preservatives
Packed in an allergen controlled environment to BRC Grade A standards
Store in a cool, dry place | Recycling: Paper sachet, recyclable | See back of sachet for "Best Before date".
|Value||Per 100g||Per 38g sachet||RDA for an adult||RDA per 1/2 sachet|
Couldn't load pickup availability