Mild Curry Mix 38g)
Mild Curry Mix 38g)
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Modelled on the popular Madras flavour, but with the spice toned down and boasting mouth-wateringly aromatic flavours, our Mild Curry Mix is guaranteed to delight and astound each and every time!
All Natural, and free from Gluten, Nuts, Artificial Colourings, Flavourings, Preservatives, GM Ingredients and with no added MSG, our Mild Curry Mix is so easy to use and even easier to eat in one go!
Keep it in for those cold winter evenings, dish it up for the whole family or invite your friends around for a relaxed dinner party.
To make our curry you will need:
• 1 Sachet Plain Starkers Mild Curry Mix
• 600g Chicken/Beef/Lamb/Pork/Fish or Vegetables
• 3 tbsp Oil
• 500ml Boiling Water
1. Fry meat/fish or vegetables in the oil on a medium heat until browned.
2. Add the contents of the mild curry mix sachet, stir well for 20 seconds to ensure the curry does not burn.
3. Add the boiling water, stir well and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes until the meat/fish or vegetables are completely cooked and the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
5. Serve with basmati rice, naan bread and mango lassi or your favourite drink!
Note: All appliances vary, the directions above are guidelines only. Make sure food is piping hot throughout before serving.
• Try adding any, or all, of the following to the curry after step 3:
Sliced sweet peppers
Diced potatoes/sweet potatoes
• For a hotter thicker curry try using 300-400ml of boiling water instead of 500ml at step 3.
• To make a delicious hot pouring or dipping sauce, take a large jug and fill it with 400ml of boiling water. Add the contents of one Mild Curry Mix sachet into the jug and whisk well. Leave to stand for 2-3 minutes, give it a quick whisk again and serve. (It's great for dipping chips!)
• To make a even better cold dipping sauce, take a glass/metal bowl and pop in a small tub of crème fraîche. Add the contents of half to one Mild Curry Mix sachet to the bowl and whisk well, taste and add more Mild Curry Mix to the bowl if desired. Whisk again before serving. (It's great for dipping crudités or even the humble chip!)
• Marinades are wonderful, quick and easy things to use to add a little more flavour to an already loved ingredient. To make a marinade with our Mild Curry Mix, take a jug and fill it with 300ml of yogurt or boiling water. Add the contents of one full Mild Curry Mix sachet and whisk well. (If using boiling water the paste will be very hot, so be careful not to burn yourself.) You can use this marinade for anything, but we love marinading chicken strips or tiger prawns with it over night (or for a few hours) in the fridge and then grilling them over a Barbecue (oven grilling works just as well). Serve with a glass or two of chilled white wine or Champagne! (Make sure your chicken or prawns are cooked through and piping hot before serving)
• Just the powder! You can use the Mild Curry Mix, without adding any water, to coat any kind of food. Why not try giving some of these a go:
Strips of Chicken, Beaf, Pork or Lamb rub them in the powder and grill over a Barbecue (oven grilling works just as well) or slow roast them in the oven for a rich succulent flavour.
Fish fillets or tiger prawns Coat each fillet or tiger prawn with powder and grill over a Barbecue (oven grilling works just as well) or slow roast them; you'll always come back for more!
Potato wedges Par-boil chunky wedges of potato, drain and then toss them in the powder. Throw them into an oiled tray and pop them in a hot oven until delightfully crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle. Serve with the coated chicken, beaf, pork, lamb, fish or prawns (from above) for a delectably sumptuous but light supper.
Note: All appliances vary, the suggestions above are guidelines only. Make sure food is piping hot throughout before serving.
(Percentage of an adults Recommended Daily Allowance)
Tomato (49.1%), Onion (12.4%), Coriander (5.2%), Jalapeno (0.2%), Turmeric, Nutmeg, Cumin, Ginger, Black Pepper, Cayenne, Cardamom, Paprika, Pimento, Cinnamon, Cloves, Celery, White Pepper, Garlic Powder, Maltodextrin, Yeast Extract, Glucose Syrup, Mustard, Salt, Carrot, Sugar, Bay, Sage, Thyme.
Contains Allergens: Celery, Mustard
Gluten Free. Suitable for Vegetarians. Made in a nut free factory.
No Artificial Colourings, Flavourings or Preservatives
No GM ingredients used or on site. No radiation used. No packing gases used.
Packed in an allergen controlled environment to BRC Grade A standard
Store in a dry, cool place
Recycling: Plastic film not currently recycled
See back of sachet for "Best Before date".
|Value||Per 100g||Per 75g sachet||RDA for an adult||RDA per 1/4 sachet|
Manufactured by: Scobie & Junor, 1 Singer Road, Kelvin Industrial Estate, East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire, G75 0XS.
Couldn't load pickup availability